Vector Packet Processing executables. This is the primary package that must be installed to use VPP. This package contains:
- vpp - the vector packet engine
- vpp_api_test - vector packet engine API test tool
- vpp_json_test - vector packet engine JSON test tool
Vector Packet Processing runtime libraries. The ‘vpp’ package depends on this package, so it will always be installed. This package contains the VPP shared libraries, including:
- vppinfra - Foundation library supporting vectors, hashes, bitmaps, pools, and string formatting.
- svm - vm library
- vlib - vector processing library
- vlib-api - binary API library
- vnet - network stack library
Vector Packet Processing plugin modules.
Vector Packet Processing debug symbols.
Vector Packet Processing development support. This package contains development support files for the VPP libraries.
JAVA binding for the VPP Binary API.
Python binding for the VPP Binary API.
Lua binding for the VPP Binary API.
This package contains the VPP Custom SELinux Policy. It is only generated for Fedora and CentOS distros. For those distros, the ‘vpp’ package depends on this package, so it will always be installed. It will not enable SELinux on the system. It will install a Custom VPP SELinux policy that will be used if SELinux is enabled at any time.